Momenta Learning

A blog on topics related to Elearning, online education, and instructional design.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

My comments on Film 4: "New Media"

This second film, although very well made, falls short on a new message. I know the visuals are impressive but to me, the message is difficult to see. The role of technology is not clear, since this really looks more like an invasion of machines more than the influence of technology in our lives. But the similarity to the other film "Bendito Machine III" lies on how a higher entity takes over our lives and environment through the use of gadgets, which most of the times, do more harm than good to us.
The final sequence left me wondering if the actor is the controller of those machines or if the machines are controlling him? I couldn't figure that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slide Show